ICI Berlin Repository Policies
The ICI Berlin Repository is a multi-disciplinary open access archive for the dissemination of scientific research documents related to the ICI Berlin, whether they are originally published by the ICI Berlin, its imprint ICI Berlin Press, or elsewhere.
for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes and re-sold commercially provided: :
- the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given
- ICI Berlin Repository is mentioned
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items are generally made available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.o International License, which means that you are free to share and adapt the material, provided you give appropriate credit, indicate any changes, and distribute under the same license.
- In particular, all the information contained in the cite-as section must be indicated:
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details
- a hyperlink for the DOI
- Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional repository.
- ICI Berlin Repository holds all types of materials.
- Items are individually tagged with their version type and date.
- Principal Languages: English, German, French, Italian
concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the organisation, or their delegated agents.
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all publications submitted.
- Eligible depositors must deposit full texts of all publications submitted.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of ICI Berlin Repository, valid layout & format, and the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items may not be deposited until any embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If ICI Berlin Repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- ICI Berlin Repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- ICI Berlin Repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items may not normally be removed from ICI Berlin Repository.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- Errata and corrigenda lists may be included with the original record if required.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.
- The item's persistent URL will always link to the latest version.
- In the event of ICI Berlin Repository being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.